Thursday, March 20, 2008

Puff Pillow gift boxes

I made these Puff Pillows as little thank you gifts for a couple friends of my Mom's. She wanted something to give her friends for gifts & visits while she was in the hospital. The template is from Snooks and Boo - and it was so simple - I mean SIMPLE!!! Trace the template, score in the grooves on the template, cut, decorate, and fold!!! VOILA!!!! CUTE and easy!! And the templates are a very reasonable price. The pillows are about 8 inches long and about 3 or 4 inches wide so you can fit some nice things inside - gift cards, chocolate bars, jewelery, a stamp or two, etc. I used More Mustard and Old Olive as my base colours, stamped them with my Hero Arts leaf set and the SU set for the "Thanks". I used my square punches (scallop & plain) and some leaf eyelets I've had forever!!! See?!?!?! I AM using up things like I said I would....LOL....but, I'm still buying....gulp!!!!

7 comments:

Kelly L said...

Very nicely done, Chris! Sounds like you can get two out of a sheet of paper then? That would be a fairly cheap little gift box/pouch. Great idea! Hope your mom is doing better. {{hugs}} and prayers! Kel

Chris (catt871) said...

Thanks!! It takes a whole sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 because you have to fold it over - the template itself measures 8 1/4 x 9 - BUT if I were to make a whole bunch I might use thinner cardstock than SUs (like Michaels paper) then it wouldnt' be such an "ouch" cost!!! LOL My Mom is doing well, thanks for asking & for your prayers!! We all appreciate them!!! :)

Deb said...

these are gorgeous Chris, how lovely for gifts for your mom. hope she is doing well with her physiotherapy!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! These would be great for little gifts.

AmethystCat said...

these are great, Chris! What a nice thing to do for your mom. And, thanks for posting the template!!

Jean said...

These are very cute, love how you decorated them. I love fall.

Donelda said...

Chris, I love these...too cool. The colors are my fav!! I hope your mom is doing well.

Blog Archive