Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First Communion cards

Tommy, my friend Tracy's son, just had his First Communion last weekend, and my neice is having her's this Sunday, so I had to make a couple cards. I have the perfect Magnolia stamp for girls - Tilda wearing a cross - but was stumped for a "boy" card!! So, what I did.....don't laugh.....is I cut Tilda's head off, stamped Edwin's head and cut it out and glued it onto Tilda's body! I thought the outfit could suit a boy or girl regardless of the "head" that is on top!! Anyways, I think it turned out pretty well....what do you think??? The card base is River Rock and the DP is Apple Cider. I coloured his pants with OMS and prismas. The "celebrate" stamp is from Hero Arts and the clip is from SU's Hodgepodge Hardware. It is pretty plain but I really struggle with masculine cards.....usually ribbon or flowers do the trick!!! I think Magnolia should make a boy stamp just like this!!! Here is the card I made for my niece with the "real" head on the stamp. The card base is Elegant Eggplant & I used a piece of DP that I found in my scraps bin that was quite pretty and "heavenly" (LOL) I coloured her with OMS & my prismas & attached a tag with a silver clip. I didn't make it too religious, I probably should have, but I don't have any good sentiments for things like this! And normally little girls where frilly white dresses for their First Communion, but Tilda isn't so I figured I'd colour her in Darby's favourite colours! She looks like she is standing in a field of flowers! I cut her out and pop dotted her on the DP!

4 comments:

AmethystCat said...

great coloring! and, love that you cut off the head. very creative!!! never stop a stamper on a mission, right? :) love the story!

Beckie said...

What a clever chicken you are LOL. Good job they are both lovely cards!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! So cute! Tommy is going to love it! I will be sure not to let him see your blog today! You are so creative to think to cut the head off!

Trace

Unknown said...

THEY ARE BOTH GORGEOUS CARDS CHRIS! WHAT GREAT KEEPSAKES FROM THEIR COMMUNION.

Blog Archive