Sunday, June 29, 2008

Glittery birds

I made this card with the help of Donelda after she sent me a very similar card in May. Here is the link to her post about it. We used her bird & branch stamp from Memory Box & stamped it on acetate with Stazon. We let that dry, then attached a piece of Sookwang double sided tape to the back and peeled the backing off. With the sticky side up, we sprinkled different colours of Pearl Ex and some ultra fine glitter behind the image and rubbed it in with our fingers (they sure were sparkley!). I backed this piece on white, then on black to give it some pop and to match the black bird. The card base is Tempting Turquoise. I used my new Birds & Swirls Cuttlebug folder as it is very similar to this stamp. The sentiment is from Winged Things, an old SU set that I adore! THANKS DONELDA for helping me with this - it was a good excuse to get together!! :D

4 comments:

Kelly L said...

Very pretty card, Chris! I thought at first it was a marbled bg with the alcohol inks. oooh, I bet it really does sparkle. I may have to try something like that soon. :) TFS! Glad to hear you were able to spend some stampin' time with Donelda. So very nice!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh this is pretty, love the colouring this technique has offered. I saw this tech. in real life the other day and it is stunning. Love this, happy stamping and enjoy your break.

Tammy said...

Beautiful!!!!

Tammy
SBS4

Anonymous said...

That is a great card (& I love that sookwang tape too)... it is really pretty.

Blog Archive