Wednesday, June 25, 2008

GOOD NEWS!! and some new design team cards!

We've decided to keep the trailer and do some adaptations to it!! We are keeping the potty and the sink at the back, but we are going to pull out the furnace, fridge and stove and extend the bed out another foot or so, so we can get a regular mattress in there! We don't need those 3 things because we like to cook outside anyways, and we have an Xtreme cooler that keeps ice cold for 7 days! I'll keep ya updated on the progress of our little advanture!! Should be interesting since neither Tim or I have done anything like this!! LOL

Tomorrow is my last day with the kids - yipppeee! I will miss some of them, but I SO need a break! If I hear "Mrs. Sather" (in a whiny needy voice) one more time I might explode!!! LOL I'm kidding, I do love them all!

Ok, here are some more design team cards for Simon Says Stamp! This set is called Knock, Knock, Whoo's there? LOVE these owls! They were so fun to colour!! I used my new Koh-i-Noor woodless pencil crayons and gamsol, and it was awesome...like butter! I bought these at Gina K's store for $15.95....pretty good for 24 crayons....that won't keep breaking in the sharpener!!! Wheee!!!
This owl is the cutest I think! I wanted to make him soft so I blended the grey and black pencils. After, I thought I should have added some Fun flock to him....next one I will do that!!!It is made with black cardstock and bits of DP from my scrap bin! For this fuzzy guy, I used Sage Shadow, Purely Pomegranate, and Cutie Pie DP.

This one has Chocolate Chip base, then a brocade blue layer. I don't really like this card (although I love how the owl is so patchworky!).. I think it is missing something, but I don't know what! Any suggestions?? It opens at the top, so ribbon looked too busy, flowers looked dumb..... sort of at a loss on this one!!!! On the inside, it says "Whoo's there?"
I used some scrap DP for this one too, on a Chocolate Chip base. The ribbon is from Wal Mart and the blue brads are from Michael's.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

These owls are sooooo cute! I just bought some of those pencils today. I'm glad you are able to keep the trailer!

Unknown said...

IM SOOOO LOVING ALL YOUR OWL IMAGES & CARDS, THEY LOOK FANTASTIC.

Tracey said...

Your owl cards look awesome Chris love them all very cute:)

Blog Archive