Saturday, August 30, 2008

BEE Kind....leave a comment!!! LOL

Here are 2 cards I made for Heidi & the team at Simon Says Stamp. They will be in the next Design Team package I send to them.
This was the first one I made using my new set from Simon Says Stamp exclusives called "bugs - enjoy the little things". The layout is simple, but I like the colours! I used Yo Yo Yellow as my base, the DP is unknown (from my stash!), Lovely Lilac and Groovy Guava paper. The flower brads are from Michael's. I coloured the bee then added stickles to his wings.


This next card is a Z fold card, so fun to do!! I used Yo Yo Yellow again and the DP is the stuff I won from MichelleO's blog - Heidi Grace Halloween kit (it is hard to tell, but the dots are glittery on the paper...soo cool!!). I used a white gel pen to draw the dots on the scallop circle, added sugar coated brads from doodlebug, then pop-dotted the bee to give him dimension. It is hard to take a good picture of funny fold cards without a shadow, so I took another one of it open. I hope you get the idea!!! After I took these pictures, I added googlie eyes to the bee as well! Sooo cute!!!



Thanks for visiting & for all your comments! You guys are GREAT!!!!! Enjoy!

8 comments:

Donelda said...

that bee is really cute!! and there is nothing like stickles to make bee wings glitter. That dot paper is awesome too!!

MichelleO said...

They are both BEEE-utiful! common you know I had to do that!

Really they are wonderful, love the z-fold!
HUGS
MichelleO

Annelies said...

Great cards! I especially like the second one. Greetings, Annelies

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!

Bunny B said...

Cute bee cards! I love that yellow one! :)

Jane said...

Love the z-fold card! So bright and cheerful.

Jane

Anonymous said...

That Z fold looks like it is alive, it is so bright and cheery!

:) Marcia

Tracy said...

These are both sooo cute! I love stickles on bugs and the z fold is my favorite! Great colors too!

Blog Archive