Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sock Monkey Mania!!

I got my new Stampin Up! stamp sets awhile ago, but with the start of the school year, my crafting has been in a bit of a lull. I am planning my first workshop of the season for next Friday & I really wanted to use the new sets Sock Monkey & Sock Monkey Accessories. SOOO Cute!! And for any of you who had Sock Monkeys growing up, you can relate to the "odd cuteness" about the monkeys!!! I made a few, trying to decide which to use at the workshop, and these were my choices. I won't tell you which one I chose - cuz it's a surprise!! This first one is a TOTAL case from someone on SCS - Thanks Patti Lee!!! The base is Riding Hood Red, then Barely Banana (I stamped the banana accessory all over in Barely Banana ink); I layered the circles with Riding Hood Red and white, then cut out the monkey's head and attached him to the white circle. I stamped the grey with Linen Background, then stamped the monkey's head to give him that "sock" texture. I paper pieced his mouth, attached the birthday hat and a pom pom. The sentiment is from Celebrate everything (SU).
The card base is Going Gray, then Riding Hood Red, then Bella Rose DP. This one I did the same with the monkey, stamped the grey with Linen Background, then stamped the monkey. I paper pieced the grey part of his body & glued it on. I also paper pieced his mouth. The sentiment is from the Sock Monkey set.
This card is a very basic layout - as I thought it would give the girls some freedom to put whatever they wanted in the monkey's hand & choose an appropriate sentiment. Same colours were used & I did the same thing with his body as the card above.

Thanks for checking out my monkeys!!!! (LOL)

5 comments:

Kelly L said...

I think my fave has to be the first one. It just looks like so much fun! :D and yes, I had a silly sock monkey as a child, too. My grammy got me one. He had a red spot on his butt to like lips. LOL

MichelleO said...

These are adorable! I read somewhere that someone said the sock monkeys were creepy... but I had not seen them, until now! I think they are cute! Love all the cards -
HUGS
MichelleO

Anonymous said...

Okay, don't flame me, but the Sock Monkey set just doesn't crack it for me, but these cards are so adorable. I don't get the whole sock monkey thing, but the colours you have used make this work.

:) Marcia

Alley said...

I have never had a sock monkey but the stamps do make me giggle with their "cuteness". I like what you did with the cards...

Enfys said...

Your cards are wonderful, and so is your blog.

Blog Archive