Saturday, January 3, 2009

Spinner cards

I had SO much fun making these - I giggled the whole time!!! My idea first came when I sat down with my "Frogs Jumping for Joy" set by Simon Says Stamp to make some Design Team cards. I wanted a way to make the frog appear to be "jumping for joy" - and then it hit me...I remembered seeing a card that had something that "rolled" across the front - NO idea what they were called so I sifted through all the tutorials until I found it!!! The SCS instructions were confusing so I did a Google search and found a tutorial here - much easier to follow!!! Anyways - I had FUN!!!!



Here is the first one I made - not 100% happy with the front, but it was the test project!! BUT I had to show you cuz the frog actually JUMPS across the card!!! I wish I knew how to do a video but if you've ever made one of these, you know what I mean!!!





And the next one I made, just cuz!!!



Thanks for looking!! I head back to work on Monday so my crafting time will be less but I will still be around!!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

10 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Fun cards! I love that frog!

Holly Young said...

Cute cards Catt! Love those googly eyes on the frog! I really like the paper you used on the flower spinner.

Annie said...

oh I love the frog spinner card, and I bet it's fabulous on the move! very pretty flower one too. I've often seen these cards, but never got around to making one. hugs, annie x

Jane said...

Cute! I like the frog one. But they are both cute. I've never made one myself.

Jane
SBS4

Unknown said...

LOVE EM ALL CHRIS! HAPPY NEW YEAR! GREAT PHOTOS OF BRICK IN THE SNOW!

Jamie Martin said...

Super cute cards :)

Deb said...

they look like such a lot of fun! great cards!

Jocy said...

Your cards look great, I have to try this also!
I'm really sorry, but I don't know anymore if I already sent a big "THANK YOU" for the birthday card you've sent to me! If not, thank you very much, I was so happy to receive one of your wonderful cards!
Hugs, Carmen

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

OH THIS IS WONDERFUL! Mr Frog is so happy! Can I post it on our blog Chris???? YOU are so creative! You Skinny bitch you! (I mean that nicely you know!)
smiles!
-Heidi
WE NEED to chat about.....I'm so bad! I'll try to call you during daylight, I just work so many nights and don't want to wake Tim up!

Jo Nevill said...

I've just been on the simonsaysstamp blog and seen your work - its fantastic and I love this card. All your creations are gorgeous - well done you !

Hugs,

Jo x

Blog Archive