Sunday, March 8, 2009

Inky Impressions Design Team Call cards

Well, here they are! I am trying out for the DT for Inky Impressions - wish me luck!!! Nicole wanted us to showcase our colouring, our colour matching abilities and creativity!
This first card is a HAnglar & StAnglar image someone sent me that I had coloured up a couple weeks ago. The DP in the back is from My Mind's Eye, and the layer of polka dots is from SU. I coloured her using my Copics. I coloured the flower with my Spica pen to give it some shimmer. The little saying is a brad I got from Michael's the other day! The ribbon is red grosgrain. I also decorated the inside with the same DP.
This is the second card I made. She wanted us to be able to think out of the box which is why I chose to make a CD envelope shaker card. It's not your regular A2 card or square card that you see so often!! You HAVE seen these from me before!! I JUST love them, they are so fun to give, and to receive!! I know the kids (& big kids) I've given these to, just love playing with them!!! The shakers inside are little purple X's and O's - I should have shaken it up better before I took a picture. The Rhino, tree and sentiment are all from High Hopes. The leaf is from a camping set I got AGES ago as a gift, but I unmounted them all, so not sure the company name.
I coloured these ones with my Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS so I could show her that I CAN colour with different mediums. I had to dust off my pencils but when I coloured these, I realized how much I LOVE to use them!!! I think I might put my copics away for awhile and get back into my pencils & OMS!!! I love how they blend!!! The ribbon is silver and purple to match the colours in the CS and shakers!
I spent about 3 days fretting about these cards - I hope they get a passing grade!!!! LOL

10 comments:

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Hi Chris, I don't know why anyone would not give you a passing grade....YOUR CARDS ARE GREAT!!!! I love the fact that you are able to have fun with what you create, that is AWESOME! You ROCK & your cards do also. You definitely have a passing grade from me. I got my eyes on you girl! LOL BIG HUGS! Nicole XOX

Allies Creative Designs said...

Hi Chris, I've also got my eyes on you too. You and the cards are so great. What cute ideas and projects. You are so talented. Love the shaker CD sleeve card. SO CUTE!!!!

Donelda said...

Those cards are great!! and your CD shaker cards are awesome.

It sounds like everyone has their eye on you.... you must be smiling from ear to ear!!! :-)

Unknown said...

THey'd be mad not to have you Chris! These are special.
Viv xx

Jocy said...

Your cards look really great, I wish you a lot of luck for the call!

Holly Young said...

Hi Chris! I think your cards are great! I love the first one. It all coordinates so well and I'm impressed you did the inside of the card too!
Your second card is a fun one and definitely shows that you can change things up! Good luck to you!

Unknown said...

These are both fantastic!!! Good luck on the design team!!

Jessica G. said...

Great submissions for the DT call! Your Hanglar image card is adorable and the CD shaker card is such a fun idea. Good luck!!

Alley said...

These are too cute! I always forget about making shaker cards..

Jacilynn said...

Chris, love the cards. Good Luck with the call.

Blog Archive