Sunday, September 27, 2009

Outta this world!!!!! (edited to add a funny story)

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY 500TH POST BLOG CANDY!
CHECK OUT THE POST HERE!


These are digital images from MyGrafico - sooo cute! You should go check them out!!! I made this card first for my nephew who is turning 5 this year!

The card base is black & then there is a layer of thin shimmery paper that my good pal & Simon Says DT sister, Lols sent me for my birthday - it is from Papermania in the UK & is called Luxury Voile Shimmer paper - it is so thin & shimmery & has a really neat texture to it!! It makes a perfect "space" background!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! I'm just sad I used up all the black (& pink, & yellow, & green....LOL)

I coloured all of the images with Koh-i-noor pencils and Gamsol and added Crystal effects to the ship, the aliens eyes and the space boys helmet. I popped out the space boy to make it look like he was flying through space. The little stars I had in my stash, so thought I'd add a bunch to this for a more SPACEY feel!!!! LOL The sentiment is done on the computer.




Here are a couple close ups:


This second card I made for my niece. Same idea, just a little smaller & minus an alien!!! The sparkly paper is a yellow piece out of the Papermania pack that Lols sent me!!!

I HAD to add this FUNNY story about my niece who opened this card today.....she opened it and squealed.... "I'm an ARSE-TRO-NOT" and of course everyone laughed & then she said..."No, I said ASS" .... OMG, we laughed even harder!!!! Coming from a 6 year old going on 16 - it was PRICELESS!!!!!

Thanks for looking - you are all OUTTA this world for being so sweet & leaving me such FABBY comments!! Luv ya all!!!!

Chris






2 comments:

Tracey said...

These are adorable cards Chris!! I am sure your niece and nephew will love them! xx

Deb said...

Chris, both cards are awesome!

Blog Archive